When it comes to shopping for clothes for kids, one of the most important things you should take note of is the sizing. One size does not fit all, and this is especially true for youth medium shirts. In this article, we’ll help you navigate the world of youth medium shirts giving you a guide to sizing.
If you’re not familiar with youth medium shirt sizing, it can be overwhelming to find the right fit for your child. Youth medium shirts are typically recommended for children between the ages of 8 and 10 years old, but this can vary depending on the brand and style of the shirt. Below are some general measurements for youth medium shirts:
- Chest width: 34-36 inches
- Length: 22-24 inches
- Sleeve length: 24-26 inches
Keep in mind that these are rough estimates, and it’s always best to refer to the specific sizing chart provided the brand you’re purchasing from.
There are several factors that can affect the sizing of youth medium shirts:
- Age: As previously mentioned, youth medium shirts are generally recommended for children between 8 and 10 years old, but this can vary depending on the individual child.
- Height: Children come in all shapes and sizes, so it’s important to measure your child’s height and refer to the sizing chart provided the brand you’re purchasing from.
- Weight: Just like height, weight can also affect the fit of a shirt. A child who is heavier may require a larger size shirt to accommodate their body shape.
- Brand: Different brands may have slightly different sizing, so it’s important to reference the specific sizing chart for the brand you’re purchasing from.
- Style: Shirts come in different styles, such as fitted, relaxed, and oversized. The style can also affect the fit of the shirt and it’s important to take this into consideration when shopping for youth medium shirts.
Before purchasing a youth medium shirt, it’s important to take accurate measurements to ensure the right fit. Follow these steps:
- Have your child stand up straight with their arms down.
- Wrap a tape measure around the fullest part of their chest, keeping it parallel to the ground.
- Place the tape measure at the base of their neck and measure down their back to the point where you want the shirt to end.
- Measure from the center of the back of the neck to the point where the sleeve meets the body of the shirt.
Once you have these measurements, you can refer to the sizing chart provided the brand you’re purchasing from to find the right size.
What size is a youth medium shirt?
Generally, youth medium shirts are recommended for children between the ages of 8 and 10 years old. The chest width is usually 34-36 inches, the length is 22-24 inches, and the sleeve length is 24-26 inches. However, it’s important to reference the specific sizing chart provided the brand you’re purchasing from as sizing can vary brand and style.
What should I do if my child is between sizes?
If your child is in between sizes, it’s usually best to go up a size. This will ensure that the shirt is not too tight and allows for room to grow.
What if the shirt shrinks after washing?
Before washing the shirt, be sure to refer to the care instructions provided the brand. If the shirt does shrink after washing, you can try stretching it out while it’s still damp or using a fabric softener to loosen up the fibers.
What if I’m still unsure about what size to get?
If you’re still unsure about what size to get, don’t hesitate to reach out to the brand’s customer service or check out online reviews to see what other customers have said about the sizing of the shirt.
Shopping for youth medium shirts can be stressful, but with the tips provided in this guide, you should now have a good understanding of how to navigate the world of youth medium shirt sizing. Always be sure to reference the specific sizing chart provided the brand you’re purchasing from and don’t hesitate to reach out to customer service if you still have questions.